The Accessorist Gift Guide: My Wish List
OH EM GEEEEEE. Yesterday was one of those days. I finally collapsed on the couch at about 9:30 at night. Note to self: don't go to the gym after work when you also have to go to the grocery store, make dinner and do 3 nights worth of dishes—all while so sore you can barely walk. (I started BBG this week and am FEELING the first leg circuit. Hoping I can stick with it!) At least it's Thursday. Only 2 more sleeps until we leave for Christmas #1 with Chris's family!
I'm normally very last-minute on Christmas gifts, but I've officially ordered everything and just need to wrap once a few stragglers arrive in the mail! I'm a terrible wrapper, but actually looking forward to spending Saturday morning hunkered down with some ribbon, festive paper and lots of coffee! We're supposed to get snow today, which makes that whole scenario sound even more appealing. Tomorrow is the deadline for expedited shipping at a lot of retailers, so there's still time if you still need a few things—here's what's on my wish list!
SHOP THE POST: FOR WORKING IT (Workout Tights + Desk Calendar) | FOR A LITTLE LUXURY (Wine Glass + Hair Perfume) | FOR THE WEEKEND (Sunglasses + High Rise Jeans) FOR A NIGHT IN (Candle + Throw Pillow) FOR GOING OUT (Satin Sandals + Red Lipstick) FOR SOME SPARKLE (Diamond Studs + Rose Gold Ring + Twisted Stacker Ring)
- First of all, I have NO ACCESSORIES at my desk at work (besides stacks of paper and some snacks). I desperately need a cute desk calendar, tray for lip balm and lotion, or just a picture frame—all things that make working more pleasant, but are also annoying to buy!
- I usually cheap-out on workout clothes and really want some quality running tights (and maybe a few new tops!).
- I've wanted some hair perfume for a while—since I don't shampoo every day, a little fragrance would go a long way in reviving my hair in the morning. This one also moisturizes, tames static, adds shine and protects from UV damage. LOVE.
- I have about 5 or 6 mismatched wine glasses—some stemless, some long-stemmed. Some white, some red. Just call me Charlie Brown. An elegant, complete set would make me feel so fancy (and make hosting friends for dinner less embarrassing).
- I burn candles like it's my job, so I always need fresh wax! LAFCO makes the prettiest jars (and the scents are lovely, too).
- Chris and I have hand-me-down couches—which I'm very grateful for, but they're not the prettiest. A few bright and modern throw pillows would brighten them up and tide me over until we buy a new sectional or loveseat. Pillows aren't usually easy to buy for someone else, but I think everyone welcomes the opportunity to add a fresh pop of color or pattern to their living room, kitchen or bedroom—it's fun to change it up from season to season—without having to make the investment yourself.
- I'm craving light wash denim, and retro Ray Bans are the perfect complement to the effortless beach babe vibe.
- I need new red lipstick, but don't wear it enough to buy it myself. It's a color every girl should own, and MAC has every shade.
- A classic pair of ankle-strap sandals are a must for any shoe collection (how cute would they be with these destructed jeans and a plain white tee?! YES YES YES). A super fun gift for your girlfriend, wife or daughter! (I also love these—a Stuart Weitzman Nudist lookalike for $118.)
- I already got the best piece of jewelry I could ask for, but the cubic zirconia studs I used to wear every day started infecting one of my ears. One day, I'd love diamond studs—and a few delicate stacking rings.
Tonight I'm meeting a college friend for dinner, and still need to decide on a place. I'm thinking something low-key, like a brewery and food truck. Have a great Thursday! We're almost to the weekend!
Did you catch these posts?